Nexus Desktop provides a common environment for the tools that you can use to build Nexus models, submit jobs, and analyze the job results. It provides the following:
- a Session tree, where you can access existing Nexus studies, cases, simulation jobs, and files
- a Viewer panel, where you an view the contents of the various cases in a study
- a Tools menu and toolbar, where you can launch other Nexus applications
- a Job Submitter panel, where you can create and submit jobs. Jobs can be run on the local machine, on a remote machine, and in serial or parallel mode
- a Study and Case management toolbar that allows you to create, manipulate, and remove Nexus studies, cases, and jobs.